C is for cookie, and that’s good enough for me.
Cookie Monster – A muppet on the children’s television show Sesame Street.
Everyone seems to have this odd perception that pizzas are one of the most fattening, unhealthy meals you could possibly ever eat. If you order one from a late night takeaway, this may well be the case, but there are a few simple tricks that you can put in place to make sure that your own homemade pizzas don’t add inches to the waist:
- Difficulty: Easy
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 30 minutes
- Cook: 15 minutes
- 250g strong white flour
- 250g wholemeal flour
- 1 sachet dried yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250ml luke warm water
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- handful chopped ham
- handful spinach
- handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- handful sweetcorn
- handful cheddar, grated
- Put the flour, yeast and salt in a large bowl and mix together. Stir in olive oil and water to form a soft dough.
- Turn out the dough onto a well floured surface and knead for approximately 5 minutes. Leave to rest in a warm place for roughly 1 hour.
- Once the dough has risen, roll it out to a 30cm circle and bake in the oven (220°C, 200°C fan, Gas 7) for 5 minutes to crisp off.
- Remove from the oven and spread over the tomato purée. Top with as many ingredients as you like but remember not to go overboard with the cheese! Bake for another 10 minutes.
If you would like to see more videos like this one, tweet your requests @FongtasticFood
Posted in Eat In
- Tagged amazing, cheddar, cheese, children, cook, cookery, cooking, corn, delicious, diet, dietician, eating, flour, food, ham, health, healthy, pizza, recipe, review, salt, Show, spinach, sweet, tasty, television, tomato, white, wholemeal, yeast, YouTube, yummy
Fun-sized Snickers? Who’s this fun for? Not me. I need six or seven of these babies in a row to start having fun.
Jeff Garlin – American Stand-Up Comedian, Actor, Producer, Director and Author.
Posted in Quotes
- Tagged actor, America, American, author, babies, comedian, comedy, Curb, director, Enthusiasm, food, fun, funny, Garlin, humour, Jeff, joke, laugh, lol, producer, seven, Show, six, size, sized, Snickers, States, television, tv, United, USA
Soup is just a way of screwing you out of a meal.
Jay Leno – American Stand-Up Comedian and Television Host.
Posted in Quotes
- Tagged comedian, food, host, Jay, Leno, meal, quote, reference, saying, screwing, Show, soup, stand-up, television, Tonight